dinsdag 20 maart 2012

Old barred chain and alternating barred chain

The TAST stitch for week 12 is barred chain and alternating barred chain. Just like every Tuesday I wanted to show you some old samples of this stitch. To my astonishment I only found my sampler for TAST 2007. I never used this stitch again! So today I show you the details of my TAST 2007 sampler. It’s stitched on muslin with 2 threads of stranded DMC. I started with a barred chain doodle.
Then I made a barred chain circle and decorated it with beads.
Here I experimented with alternating barred chain.
My last experiment was a barred chain doodle with a piece of pink tulle on the muslin.
You can see the complete 2007 sampler in my original post here. It will be fun to experiment with this stitch again!

4 opmerkingen:

  1. Very pretty! I especially like your beaded circle.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Always enjoy your posts! THanks so much!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. I am still trying to catch up with TAST 2012. I am hoping to finish my barred chain this week. I love the combination of colours you have used. Adding beads makes your circle look very pretty. Marion x

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen